Saturday, January 19, 2008

Flower Beds in the Front Garden

My front garden has 4 flower beds. This is one of them right in front of the house. The flower bed has three rows of plants - Tuberoses in the back, Canna Lilies in the middle and small flowering plants like Carnation, Calendula and miniature Dahlia in the front. The Canna Lilies are dwarfs - I have red and yellow plants - they have yet to put up a show of flowers. I think they are a little shy and waiting to get to know the other occupants of the flower bed better before they start blooming.





You can see part of the bamboo in the left of the picture. The whole flower bed can be seen in perspective.




The multi-layered yellow flower of Calendula - so rich in detail and texture.




Red carnations in full bloom - the huge flowers dwarf the plant and put on a great show.




The Tuberoses grow on 2-3 feet long stalks and have a cluster of white tubular flowers that smell really great in the evenings.





5 comments:

What's UP IN Pune said...

Good effort of providing information on garden flora & funa.
Keep it up!

Andrea's Garden said...

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I find it so interesting to see what's in bloom around the world. I will very much enjoy revisiting your place on the web. Beautiful flowers in your garden. We will have to wait until May for the perennials to take off. Kindest regards, Andrea from Germany

Tira said...

Your bed looks really lovely with those lush palm fronds as a backdrop. Tuberoses gorgeous, too. Your flowers all look so picture perfect!

Maverick24 said...

Thanks What's Up In Pune - I loved the pics on your site. Great to see another Pune blog.

Andrea and Nicole - I have really enjoyed reading your blogs and admiring the pictures from the other side of the world. I did a lot of Google searches before I started my blog and you guys definitely were an inspiration for me to start my own blog.

Regards,
Mav

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.